The patented XRail solution is another industry first by Piranha Safety. Developed for the aerospace industry, the XRail is the only perimeter guardrail system in the world that can use a variety of methods to raise and lower. The system adjusts in height from 42″ to completely flush.
The XRail was developed by Piranha Safety for a customer with a unique problem. The client needed leading edge protection that would not require the worker to do anything more than press a button to raise and lower the rail, but they also needed the guardrail system to be versatile, Class I, Div I compliant, fully adjustable, with an optional debris curtain, and the system needed to meet OSHA standards. Typical challenges for Piranha, but we are ravenous innovators!
- Available in a variety of lengths ranging from 36″ in width up to 120″
- Adjusts with pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and manual operation
- Standard system raises to 42″ complying with OSHA 1926 subpart M standard
- Custom height options available
- Comes with or without debris curtain
- System can sit 100% flush to floor
- Class I, Div I certified
EP 3 026 195
The XRail and Boeing
The XRail system was installed at The Boeing Company in 2015 and since that time, over 1200 airplane wing panels were painted without a serious injury or near miss. The XRail is installed on various tooling used throughout the production process.